Tuesday 4 January 2011

Inspiration and Drive!

As I blogged about earlier, I really want to try and loose weight this year. 
Let's say I'm more Beth Ditto, than Angelina Jolie.
I vary a lot in clothe sizes, it can be one extreme to another, but I'd like to be a 14, and maybe then head for a 12, but I feel that 14 is a good size to stay and loose weight as healthily and safely as possible. 
So I've taken a long look at how I'd like to look, and taken inspiration from a number of celebrities, warning that this is a bit of an image heavy post, but it's to get the general idea. 






Rihanna, Kim Kardashian & Kelly Osbourne. 
These three ladies, are definately my body inspirations, they're still WOMEN, the have curves and are so beautiful, and I find that their figures are the best image to look up to, not wanting to be a size 6, but to love your curves. I have to learn to love mine, I've been given my mother's hips, thighs and bum, and Rihanna shows this and so does Kim. I find Kelly incredibly inspirational with her weight loss, I feel I have something in common with Kelly, when I used to watch her on MTV all those years ago with her bright pink hair, and she was a "larger" size, I feel she has shown it is possible and she looks fab now. Doesn't she?!
So saying this, I have decided to really push myself this year, last year I lost 2 stone, and was really proud, but didn't seem to want to keep going, I don't think I was in the right mentality, I'm doing this to make myself happy and to be healthy particcularly, it's better to take these things into hand at a young age. 

Some images to drive me....







I've realised I need to watch what I'm eating, over the Christmas period I always felt stuffed, but when I'm at Uni I realise I'm not eating enough, so I'm going to make weekly plans for the first few weeks of second term and try and get into either eating three good meals a day, or having five little meals, to keep my metabolism up. I have also started trying to drink two litres of water a day, this is proving harder than I thought but I am really trying, I can do five glasses easily, but getting it to ten always seems a push, I try drinking a glass with every meal, then a couple in between and always keep one by my bed at night. 

My main thing is to start exercising, I walk to and from Uni and in and out of the City Centre as much as possible, but ideally i'd like to go on long walks around the country and up hills to really start, I'm also going to sttart swimming in the local Aquatic centre once or twice a week, I'd ideally like to find a little buddy to come with me! 

And lastly, sleep, I'm totally deprived of the stuff living in student halls, I have no pattern, I'm never in bed before 2am, and it's impossible to function properly this way, so I've decided that 4 nights a week I should really be ready for bed around 9pm and going to bed at 10.30pm. This way I know I will be getting a decent nights sleep, at weekends obviously it may be a later night. 

I apologise if this has been total waffle and boring but it's something I felt like blogging about, and I feel if I do blog about it, it will give me more of that push. 
B. x

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. hi! im a new follower, i just found your blog and i love it :)

    as a fellow dieter, I know exactly what you mean about these celebs being good as inspiration, they are all slim and gorgeous whilst keeping their curves, something im hoping to do! having being a skinny size 10 in tha past, I lost my boobs and bum and I felt like a boy, it wasnt til I went upto a size 12 that I felt good. its just a shame a carried on gaining weight! :)

    Im sure you will achieve your goal, great post and sorry about the long comment x

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with the weight losss x

    ReplyDelete